Book Review - A Forgotten Affair by Kanchana Banerjee

In sum, this is an easy, breezy read.

I've understood one thing about reading books. They can inspire you, give you solutions, educate you or then, they can be read simply for entertainment, just to live inside a different head, for some part of time. Kanchana's book falls into the last category.

It's a glimpse into the life of a woman who has a dark secret, and because of an accident, she has forgotten her past. But then the point here is...that is her regular life any less dangerous than her secret? What will happen when her past comes back to collide with her present?

I'll be honest. Not a lot of Indian writers, some of which are being self-published, are worth wasting much time on. They are clearly novices who are fulfilling their dreams of being writers without working upon their craft.

Kanchana is from the field of writing and clearly, her craft is quite well honed, as it shows in the lucidity of her writing. With not many flaws to pick on, the story flows on smoothly, in terms of language and is an easy read without much use of pretentious words, which can make it difficult for most people to comprehend. They just want to read a story mostly, and that's why I read this book too.

In terms of the story, it wasn't like it was something which I had not read before but at the same time, it hooked me on to make me read it till the very end. That's the talent of the writer. What's going to happen to the characters? That question egged me on till the last page.

I read this book with absolutely no expectations, having read some really mediocre books in the recent past and I was certainly pleasantly surprised. I wish the author all the best and I will certainly look forward to her books in the future.

Read this for a quick getaway.

I received this book via a review program by Writer's Melon in exchange for an unbiased review. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to combat swimming pool chlorine

She may wear shorts...so does that make her a slut?

Bollywood needs to shape up or be ready to ship out